Causative Agent: “Paramyxovirus”
System Affected By This Disease: Digestive System, Respiratory System and Nervous System.
Clinical / Anti-mortem Signs:
- Torticollis of neck (it may be upward/downward).
- Greenish-white mucus like diarrhoea.
- Nasal and Ocular discharge.
- Rales of thick mucus from mouth.
- Pasting on vent area.
- Gasping (difficulty in breathing).
- Sticky nose.
- Wing / Leg paralysis or both on same time.
- Misshapen eggs.
- Egg shell pigmentation reduce in case of brown eggs.
- Pin point hemorrhages in the following parts of the bird.
- Proventriculus (on the tips of glands)
- Caecal tonsils
- Lymphoid follicals
- Air saculitis
- Congested carcass, lungs and trachea.